Thursday, February 16, 2012

An Afternoon on the Lampasas Sub 2/2/2012

I got off early this day and went track side for a bit.  I heard that there were a few westbounds out of Temple as they had MOW working the line during the earlier part of the day.

I saw a westbound stack train crossing Fort Hood Street as I headed toward the main.  I followed it to Cove but couldnt get ahead of it due to traffic so i made it to Kempner.  I ended up with this shot.


LAst car clears ESS Kempner and heads toward Cali.

Thirty Minutes later,  at Cove, a wb empty ore train comes past mp 255 on its way west.
BNSF 6223 west powers on by.
view of the signal at mp254.  this part of the line has newer tri color signals while from belton to just east of here have the searchlights.
The last train of the day i saw was wb empty coal train with BNSF 6349 west.  Seen here passing Cove at full throttle. 


Well, that wraps it up for this episode.  thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment